Cotabato City (November 6, 2018) – The Department of Environment and Natural Resources of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (DENR-ARMM) gave recognition to this year’s 10 Outstanding Stewards of Environment for their contribution in protecting and preserving the region’s ecosystems.
Given due recognition during the Gawad Kalikasan 2018 awarding ceremony held today, November 6, are as follows:
• 603rd Brigade, 6th Infantry Division, Philippine Army;
• Foundation for the Philippine Environment;
• Atty. Randolph Parcasio;
• Hineleban Foundation, Inc.;
• Municipal government of North Upi, Maguindanao;
• Municipal government of Wao, Lanao del Sur;
• Municipal government of Datu Abdullah Sangki, Maguindanao;
• Municipal government of Ampatuan, Maguindanao;
• Municipal government of Parang, Maguindanao; and
• Municipal government of Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao.
DENR-ARMM Secretary Kahal Kedtag led the awarding ceremony. He was assisted by ARMM Executive Secretary Atty. Laisa Alamia, and regional Environment assistant secretaries Alindatu Pagayao and Abdelwin Sangkula.
During the ceremony, plaques of appreciation were also given to 48 individuals from the security and media sectors who also contributed in making ARMM environment-friendly.
“We can’t achieve these milestones of the DENR-ARMM without the help of our strategic partners,” said Sec. Kedtag. “These groups of people contributed their resources, time and effort in advancing the cause and mandate of the department. It is only fitting that we honor them through the 2018 Gawad Kalikasan,” he added.
Meanwhile, Brig. General Juvymax Uy of the 6th Infantry Division (ID) said the Philippine Army will continue to support initiatives aimed at preserving the environment. “We are one with your agency (DENR-ARMM) in protecting our environment. The 6th ID strongly supports the activity of Gawad Kalikasan 2018,” he said.
SOURCE: (Bureau of Public Information)
November 06, 2018 @ 17:40