Cotabato City (December 20, 2018) – The year-long anniversary celebration of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), dubbed Pakaradjaan 2018, concluded on Wednesday night, December 19, at the Office of the Regional Governor Compound. The event featured the awarding of the winners in various Pakaradjaan 2018 competitions and performances from Bayang Barrios, Cooky Chua, and Moro cultural troupes.
Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman led the awarding of the trophies and cash prizes to the winners. The province of Basilan was declared 1st place winner in the grandest cultural mock village competition ever held in the region. The province of Lanao del Sur got 2nd place, followed by Maguindanao (3rd place), Sulu (4th place), and Tawi-Tawi (5th place).
The following are the winners in other categories:
· 1st place – Chieftain Atty. Rasol Y. Mitmug, Jr. (Lanao del Sur);
· 2nd place – Chieftain Atty. Laisa Masuhud Alamia (Basilan);
· 3rd place – Chieftain Don Mustapha Loong (Sulu);
· 4th place – Chieftain Dayang Carlsum Jumaide (Tawi-Tawi); and
· 5th place – Chieftain Kahal Kedtag (Maguindanao)
· 1st place – Maguindanao;
· 2nd place – Lanao del Sur;
· 3rd place – Basilan;
· 4th place – Sulu; and
· 5th place – Tawi-Tawi
Mosques Around the World:
· 1st place – Technical Education and Skills Development Authority-ARMM (The Great Mosque of Djenne in Mali);
· 2nd place – Office on Bangsamoro Youth Affairs-ARMM (Grozny Kadyrov Mosque in Russia); and
· 3rd place – Department of Tourism-ARMM (Jami Ul-Alfar Mosque in Sri Lanka)
In the essay writing competition, Juwairiyah Bint Emran Mohamad received 1st prize, followed by Sittie Ayeesha Dicali in 2nd place and Aleah-Hidaya Hadji Rakhim in 3rd place. The consolation prize winners are Nor-anisha Schaharazhed Guro, Lureva Lailanie Razuman, Omera Asya Datumulok Radia, Bycel Cates Papolonias, and Yarah Alamsahi Musa.
The event’s keynote speaker Frank Rivera – a playwright, actor and production designer – said he got emotional as he listened to ARMM Governor Mujiv Hataman’s ‘Ulat sa Bayan’ delivered on Wednesday morning.
“Ako’y napapaluha sapagkat buhay na buhay sa puso ng pamunuan ng ARMM ang kultura at sining ng ating lugar dito,” Rivera said. “Hindi kayo kailanman humiwalay sa inyong kultura, hindi katulad namin sa ibang lugar na nakalimutan na ang aming mga sayaw, tula, at mga awit,” he added.
The event was graced by peace advocate and actor Robin Padilla and Anak Mindanao Executive Director Sitti Djalia Turabin Hataman.
SOURCE: (Bureau of Public Information)
December 20, 2018 @ 14:40